[ppml] Newbie Questions

William Herrin arin-contact at dirtside.com
Thu Mar 20 00:39:05 EDT 2008

On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 12:22 AM, David Farmer <farmer at umn.edu> wrote:
>  2.  I see nothing about PA in the ARIN policy documentation, and ever so
>  little about PI.  If these are such important concepts to ARIN Policy why are
>  they not defined better?  Or at least some references, even one 13 year old
>  would help.

Hi David,

ARIN doesn't define the types as PA or PI. It defines them as
"allocations to LIRs" (PA) and "assignments to end users" (PI). I
think we've taken to using PI and PA in discussions because when we
talk about allocations and assignments, even folks who've been around
a while get confused.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

--