[ppml] Markets, pricing, transparency, 2008-2 / 8.3.9

Tom Vest tvest at pch.net
Mon Mar 17 21:47:18 EDT 2008

On Mar 17, 2008, at 9:31 PM, Jo Rhett wrote:

> On Mar 17, 2008, at 6:28 PM, Tom Vest wrote:
>> I think you got it just about right. If we run out of address
>> space and ARIN decides to legitimize decentralized number resource
>> transfers, then trying to maintain any policies, or policy
>> processes or oversight of any kind would be madness. I agree with
>> you -- which is why I'm suggesting something entirely different
>> which, I believe, does not suffer from that same fatal flaw.
>
> I don't agree with this statement.  And you've given no explanation
> for why you feel this wouldn't work, either.  Perhaps you should
> elaborate on your meaning of that.

Well played ;-) Actually, I gave detailed reasoning for this in my
response to John a few hours ago. I could quote that message back to
you at length, but I hear that some people don't like that -- and
anyway I know you already have that email; it was the one you
responded to, briefly, at 5:48:06 PM EDT...

> And if you want to suggest something entirely different, provide a
> draft. (and change the subject line)

I am not going to waste my time doing that unless there is some
expression of genuine interest. Reading back a little, you may note
that I introduced this idea only reluctantly, at John's explicit
request. If there is no further interest I am quite happy to return
to the regularly scheduled discussion of 2008-02 -- which is where
this thread began.

TV