[ppml] Markets, pricing, transparency, 2008-2 / 8.3.9

John Curran jcurran at istaff.org
Mon Mar 17 08:37:03 EDT 2008

At 12:22 PM +0000 3/17/08, <michael.dillon at bt.com> wrote:
>I think that I speak for the entire list in wondering why the
>ARIN AC, are pushing this transfer proposal so hard?
>
>In the past, the ARIN AC did not attempt to run the public policy
>process, instead they responded to proposals from others. Something
>is not right...

Michael -

   The ARIN Board did ask the ARIN AC to look into the matter of
   whether some form of transfer policy would be useful, under
   what conditions, and make any recommendations or proposals
   as needed.  This explains why the ARIN AC is active on this topic.

   Folks should feel free to submit alternative proposals, and/or
   speak out against the transfer policy proposal if they feel that
   it is a mistake.

   It is, as you noted, the *public* policy mailing list.

/John