[ppml] 2008-2 IPv4 transfer policy

Jo Rhett jrhett at svcolo.com
Thu Mar 13 15:35:19 EDT 2008

michael.dillon at bt.com wrote:
> If a company buys an address block on the grey market, and has a
> real use for it in a real network which they are building,
> I don't believe ARIN would deny any transfer under current
> policy. Of course, I'm assuming that the grey market deal

Show me the forms for this transfer and registration of the transferred
block?

AFAIK right now ARIN would only allow the original entity to return the
block, and separately allow the new entity to acquire a block of the
same size.

This proposal covers the ability for the new assignee to be assured of
receiving the given block.  Direct transfer, not a SWIPE.

--
Jo Rhett
senior geek