[ppml] 2008-2 IPv4 transfer policy

Cliff Bedore cliffb at cjbsys.bdb.com
Thu Mar 13 13:35:22 EDT 2008

>     > After reading lots (and LOTS) of comments on this proposal, it seems to me
>     > that a lot of the problems people have with it revolve around ARIN becoming
>     > actively involved in the transfer(sale) of v4 addresses.
>     > I would propose that ARIN not be actively involved in providing lists of
>     > available addresses but only in approving transfers between private parties.
>     > If the proposal was modified to allow ARIN to approve transfers between
>     > private parties but have nothing to do with the details of the "sale"...
>
> Yep, that's my thought exactly, and I suspect a lot of other people agree.
>
> Any chance of your putting up a policy proposal that says that?

Bill

I was kind of hoping the 2008-2 could be modified to say this rather than do
another policy proposal.  If it requires another proposal to get this idea in,
then I'm against 2008-2 and will try to get another proposal for the next
meeting. (I assume it's to late for this one)

Cliff

--
Cliff Bedore
7403 Radcliffe Dr. College Park MD 20740