[ppml] Securities Act 15 U.S.C. 77b(a)(1)

Jo Rhett jrhett at svcolo.com
Tue Mar 11 13:44:48 EDT 2008

William Herrin wrote:
> Seems to me the only one insisting whether I can or can't do a
> lawyer's job is you. All I did was say I thought Michael's question
> was interesting and why I thought it was interesting. In your esteemed
> and educated view, is it permissible for a mere layman to inquire into
> the law?

It seems to me that the ARIN lists -- which I "should" read because they
directly relate to my job, become unreadable/unusable if you actually
work at said job, and that is entirely due to people making all sorts of
unsubstantiated claims about things they know very little about.

If people were to stop

* making legal claims when they aren't lawyers

* making claims about router/switch consumption when they work at an
outfit too small (or too large) to know much about real life limitations
of the big (or small) iron in question

* making claims about burden to large/small entities when they work in
the opposite (or neither)

...etc

If we could all stick to discussing things we know something about, this
list would be a lot more useful.  (and 99% quieter)