[arin-ppml] Q1 - ARIN address transfer policy: whythetriggerdate?

John Curran jcurran at istaff.org
Wed Jun 25 08:35:53 EDT 2008

At 1:04 PM +0100 6/25/08, <michael.dillon at bt.com> wrote:

> > What would that look like?
>
>It would not look like lobbying or promotion.
>
>One thing that is within ARIN's scope would be to operate a public
>issue-tracking system for IPv6. This would allow anyone to raise an
>issue that is making it impossible or hard to deploy IPv6. The tracker
>would allow reporting of progress towards a solution and also help to
>collect information that will be useful to deployers. Some of the issues
>will name names, i.e. vendor X's box fails to properly handle situation
>Y or Windows Vista does not do DNS queries over IPv6. It would have to
>be moderated so that all issues are factual and clearly stated.

Michael -

Presently we're swimming in web sites full of IPv6 deployment advice:

 http://www.getipv6.info
 http://www.civil-tongue.net/clusterf
 http://www.ipv6tf.org/
 http://go6.net/ipv6-6bone/v6ops/
 http://playground.sun.com/ipv6/

To quoteth Randy: "there seem to be more folk working on v6 wikis than
vendors working on fully functional v6/dual-stack implementations."

If there is a need for ARIN to do more in this space, then let's discuss it,
but I do think it's important to consider what other initiatives are already
underway.

/John