[arin-ppml] Linking IPv4 allocations to IPv6

Milton L Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Wed Jun 25 05:21:28 EDT 2008

Time to change the header, folks.
Just some observations: The idea of linking v4 allocations to v6
deployment is a departure (gasp) from "needs-based assessment." You are
saying that people can demonstrate need for v4 addresses and not get
them if they don't also deploy dual stack. Seems also to require heavier
operational monitoring by ARIN. How would one define "gets used?"