[arin-ppml] Q2: on Address Transfers - Overkill on the freeze period?

Milton L Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Fri Jun 20 18:31:57 EDT 2008

Nope. 4 years. You can't have gotten any ARIN or transfer resources 2
years _prior_ to the transfer, and you can't get any 2 years after.
2+2=4.

Exact quotes:
Nope. 4 years. You can't have gotten any ARIN or transfer resources 2
years _prior_ to the transfer, and you can't get any 2 years after.
2+2=4.

Your position is relatively reasonable. As I said in my prior message, I
think RIPE handled this correctly. You restrict what the RECIPIENT of
the market-transfer does with the transferred addresses for two years,
not the releaser. That stops speculation cold.