[arin-ppml] 464: was (Re: IPv6 adoption, map-encap for IPv4?)

bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com
Sat Jun 14 10:08:48 EDT 2008

On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 07:37:51PM -0400, Alain Durand wrote:

> On 6/13/08 4:29 PM, "John Paul Morrison" <jmorrison at bogomips.com> wrote:
>
> > Wow - I recall speculating that broadband providers would eventually
> > move to NAT IPv4, but I didn't think they were already doing it (or that
> > it was imminent).
>

> I think I need to clarify. We are *NOT* deploying 464 today to our
> customers. Our service remains and will remain as long as possible classic
> IPv4. 464 is a very promising technology that we are looking at seriously.
>
>   - Alain.

	there is similar technology from China called IVI.  They have been
	using this in production for several years now in their native IPv6
	only networks and have recently decided to open this up for others.
	Its been presented a couple of times, SIGCOM2007 and most recently AFRINIC.

	If all goes well, we may be able to do a head/head evaluation this fall.

--bill