[arin-ppml] 464: was (Re: IPv6 adoption, map-encap for IPv4?)

Lee Dilkie Lee at dilkie.com
Sat Jun 14 09:02:41 EDT 2008

Alain Durand wrote:

> I think I need to clarify. We are *NOT* deploying 464 today to our
> customers. Our service remains and will remain as long as possible classic
> IPv4. 464 is a very promising technology that we are looking at seriously.
>
>   - Alain.

I understand that you are looking at this as a means to reduce IPv4
address space usage by sharing one address amongst multiple customers,
and that's a novel approach. What I am more interested in is whether you
plan on offering IPv6 to your customers as well? This could be the
absolutely best-case scenario if you did, as an obvious solution to the
share-ed NAT problem (uPnP, no port forwarding...) your customers would
experience. It both creates a demand for IPv6 and offers a solution at
the same time.

regards,

-lee