[arin-ppml] simple question about money

Brian Reid reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Tue Jun 10 21:26:29 EDT 2008

> Brian Reid's comment stated that he had
> heard from Vixie that the pricing policy was designed to support route
> aggregation.

Well, not exactly.

What I intended to say was that after I read Paul Vixie's response here on this list (which all of you would have been able to read) I concluded that the pricing policy was designed to discourage a large routing table. I knew that one way of discouraging a large routing table was to discourage lone-wolf routes, which are the kind that would be necessary if I had non-portable address space.