[arin-ppml] IPv6 in the Economist

Dean Anderson dean at av8.com
Tue Jun 10 10:50:23 EDT 2008

On Mon, 9 Jun 2008, Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:

> Dean is our Jeremiah Wright Jr.  I guess you must think history
> has labeled the current US presidential campaign "a collection
> of bickering adults in their mother's basements"

I strongly object to being compared to a racist.  I have never espoused
racist views on anything. And, indeed, I've stood up against the people
who do.

A small group of people associated with Board Member Vixie have
repeatedly spread the most vicious lies about me to misrepresent my
current and past positions. Till now, I've thought the worst of these
lies was their false claim that I've hijacked IP Address blocks
(130.105/16 and 198.3.136/21). But asserting I am a racist or somehow
like a racist is a _really_ vicious lie, indeed, more vicious than
usual.

If one were really concerned about how PPML might someday appear to
historians, one might try avoiding the vicious lies and emotional
attacks on well-reasoned and well-justified positions.

It is an interesting juxtaposition of examples: that Senator Obama would
disassociate himself from Rev. Wright, but Board Member Vixie continues
to associate himself with SORBS and Matthew Sullivan, despite their lies
about Anderson and AV8 Internet.  It seems one is a role model
demonstrating character to be emulated, and the other is demonstrating a
discrediting degree of bad character.  The followers led by bad
character can't be good, either.

		--Dean

617 344 9000