[arin-ppml] simple question about money

Chris Caputo ccaputo at alt.net
Sun Jun 8 12:51:50 EDT 2008

On Sun, 8 Jun 2008, Leo Bicknell wrote:
> In a message written on Sun, Jun 08, 2008 at 07:46:34AM -0700, Brian Reid wrote:
> > Sale, rent, whatever. It's $1000/year that I'll have to pay to
> > use IPv6. I know there are fee waivers in the beginning, but I don't
> > care about the beginning. I care about the long term, and committing
> > to $1000/year long term for the use of something that cannot possibly
> > cost more than $10/year is, in my opinion, bordering on criminal.

[...]
> An end user like Brian might want to step up and say "But I don't
> ever change my whois or in-addr entries, and I don't do swips, and
> I choose not to come to the public policy meetings, and I don't
> participate on the mailing list except when the fees annoy me and
> I didn't ask anyone to go to a WSIS meeting on my behalf and......."

If Brian is an end-user, the minimum (/41 to /48) cost for IPv6 assignment
is a one-time $1,250 plus max $100/year after the first year for this and
any other ARIN end-user/assigned resources.

No introductory price schedule for IPv6 for end-users/assignments, whereas
there is one for ISPs/allocations.

Chris