[arin-ppml] simple question about money

Jon Radel jradel at vantage.com
Sun Jun 8 12:17:36 EDT 2008

Brian Reid wrote:
> Given how much IPv6 address space exists, why is it so damned expensive? I decided it was time to turn up IPv6 connectivity to my world, but when I went to look at prices for buying even a small block of portable address space I realized I couldn't afford it.

Or you could just view it as economic incentive to not use portable
address space when turning up IPv6 connectivity to your little corner of
the world.  I've got two /48s that work fine and are free that I use for
my personal little testbed and playground.
Of course, they're not the least bit portable.

--Jon Radel