[ppml] Policy Proposal 2008-2: IPv4 Transfer Policy Proposal

Martin Hannigan martin.hannigan at batelnet.bs
Thu Feb 28 10:12:59 EST 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: John Curran <jcurran at istaff.org>
To: "Martin Hannigan" <martin.hannigan at batelnet.bs>
Cc: ppml at arin.net
Subject: Re: [ppml] Policy Proposal 2008-2: IPv4 Transfer
Policy Proposal
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 01:09:43 -0500

> At 11:59 PM -0500 2/27/08, Martin Hannigan wrote:
> >The AC should not be undervalued. Still, I think that the
> >AC, as a whole, should reconsider putting forth policy.
> >Bottom up policy shouldn't come from the middle.
>
> As long as independent proposals get a fair shake, I
> see no reason for the AC not to put forth proposals.

[ clip ]

Hi John!

It may appear that a policy isn't going to get a fair shake
since the AC may be viewed as having rubber stamped it. I
don't believe that our current AC would do that, but I think
appearance matters.

Assigning the Chair's name as author may be "better".

Thanks for the feedback!

Best,

Marty