[ppml] Policy Proposal: IPv4 Transfer Policy Proposal

Per Heldal heldal at eml.cc
Tue Feb 12 14:48:30 EST 2008

On Tue, 2008-02-12 at 13:12 -0600, Bill Darte wrote:
> [...]

You define conditions which must be met to approve transfer, yet claim
to place no restrictions on the process transfer ???

> The policy does not restrict people from transferring resource in some
> other way and with whatever conditions and qualifications are made... I
> intends to give the ARIN region an alternative and clear set of
> conditions under which transfers are made and recognized.  The expected
> value is that people with TRUST this process more if ARIN contributes to
> or coordinates it.

I agree with the motive, but think it's naive to expect the desired
effect unless there are sanctions in place to deal with offenders (LIRs
required to drop/filter disputed blocks or similar), but then you're
back in conflict with the traditional hands-off-approach to routing
again.

//per