[ppml] [arin-discuss] Justifiable Censorship?

Edward Lewis Ed.Lewis at neustar.biz
Wed Feb 6 13:50:25 EST 2008

At 12:02 -0600 2/6/08, Kyle Ackerman wrote:

>We live in a country where people can burn flags, where protesters can
>waste considerable time and money, where we have the right to voice our
>opinion.

Prior to the past few ARIN Open Policy Meetings there were long
discussions on the many proposals put before us, all germane to the
task ARIN has set out to fulfill.  13 proposals were covered, 12 of
them new.

We are about 24 or 48 hours before the deadline for new proposals to
get discussed at the next OPM.  There are currently 8 open proposals,
6 of them carried forward from the previous meeting.  Just 2 of them
new.

It's not conclusive evidence of anything, it's not a scientific poll,
but something seems to have derailed the functioning of ARIN.  I
looked up these because, it seemed to me, that there's a lot less to
read in preparation for the next OPM, less that any meeting in recent
years.

Yet there are so many posts to the ARIN lists.
NeuStar

Mail archives, backups.  Sometimes I think the true beneficiaries of
standards work are the suppliers of disk drives.