[arin-ppml] Policy Proposal 2008-6

Matthew Kaufman matthew at matthew.at
Wed Dec 31 13:22:18 EST 2008

michael.dillon at bt.com wrote:
> ...If you actually
> have a legitimate IP network that needs to assign addresses to
> devices, then you will get them from ARIN if you only persist in
> asking ARIN what additional info they need in order to approve
> your request.

This will soon be known as "the good old days"

The future is "If you actually have a legitimate IP network that needs
to assign IPv4 addresses to devices, then you will NOT get them from
ARIN because ARIN will not have any, at all, to give you. Persisting in
asking ARIN what additional info they need in order to approve your
request will be like banging your head into a brick wall."

I am in 100% agreement that if ARIN can magically assure an unlimited
future supply of IPv4 address space, there's no reason for anyone to
give up old space to anyone who might have a better use for it.

Matthew Kaufman