[arin-ppml] The LRSA $100 fee...

Milton L Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Sun Aug 31 12:34:26 EDT 2008

DNS Whois? If you are referring to the efforts of individuals to
retrieve their privacy rights via proxy registration services, I don't
see that as a race to the bottom but as a significant response to human
rights concerns and legitimate demand.

If you are referring to the quality of data in your run-of-the-mill
Whois registration, there has been significant improvement since 1999.
Whois is a uniform contractual requirement and new enforcement
mechanisms for reporting and correcting data accuracy have been
instituted.

Sorry to spoil your points with facts.

But its difficult not to be struck with the tendency to blame problems
that have nothing to do with competition on "competition."