[arin-ppml] The LRSA $100 fee...

Jeremy H. Griffith jhg at omsys.com
Fri Aug 29 14:26:02 EDT 2008

On Fri, 29 Aug 2008 13:33:54 -0400, "William Herrin" <bill at herrin.us>
wrote:

>Perhaps ARIN could charge you $1/year to process orders, invoicing,
>payment, etc. for each address and offer a "bulk discount" of
>$100/year to cover all of your addresses. Why, then they'd be giving
>you a 90% discount off the normal registrar's $10 price! What a deal!
>What a deal.

LOL!  The last time the notion of per-address pricing came up
here, the figure that would give ARIN the same income as under
the current scheme was about $.06, IIRC... I'd happily do that,
at $15.36/year for a /24, and would pay five years at a time
to reduce overheads (which I do for the domains already, BTW).

But somehow, I doubt if the folks with /8s would be nearly as
pleased, since they pay far, far less per address now... and
as that group is well represented on the ARIN board... <g>

However, wouldn't that be a great incentive to return what
you don't really need?  Want to write up the proposal, Bill?

;-)

--JHG <jhg at omsys.com>