[arin-ppml] IANA IPv4 /8 burn rate.... (was Re: Stepping forward, opening my mouth and removing all doubt about)

Alain Durand alain_durand at cable.comcast.com
Thu Aug 28 08:29:33 EDT 2008

On 8/27/08 7:02 PM, "Scott Leibrand" <sleibrand at internap.com> wrote:

> In basic microeconomics, quantity supplied equals quantity demanded at the
> price and quantity where the supply and demand curves intersect.
> Expecting that quantity to be the same in a market under conditions of
> scarcity (where the price is non-zero) as in a non-market distribution
> system based on abundance (where the price is zero) makes no sense unless
> the demand is completely inelastic (which it's clearly not).

I disagree with your last point, the demand seems to be pretty much
inelastic. It is fuelled by the growth of the Internet. The fact that some
historical allocations were not as efficiently made as they are today should
not fool you into thinking that recent allocations are not efficient either.

  - Alain.