[arin-ppml] Policy Proposal: Whois Authentication Alternatives

John Curran jcurran at istaff.org
Tue Aug 26 08:55:30 EDT 2008

On Aug 26, 2008, at 7:53 AM, Lee Dilkie wrote:
> Having read this list for over a year now, I can point to many
> postings that definitely have a lack of respect for those Legacy
> holders that pioneered the network you are using.

I'll count myself in that list of pioneers, and indeed have little
respect for those who claim special address holding privileges as a
result early involvement.  The Internet "pioneer" community saw the
address depletion problem, and specifically launched the IPng/IPv6
effort, introduced classless network numbering (CIDR), and identified
the need for organizations to move to more appropriately sized blocks
[per RFC1917/BCP 4] more than a decade ago.  If you'd like to know
some of the Internet pioneers worthy of respect in the area of their
address management, check out these links:

  <http://www.networkworld.com/news/2000/0124ipv4.html>
  <http://blog.icann.org/?p=271>

/John
(solely my personal opinion)