[arin-ppml] LRSA concerns (Re: Policy Proposal: Whois Integrity Policy Proposal)

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Thu Aug 21 15:25:27 EDT 2008

On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 11:34 AM, Paul Vixie <vixie at isc.org> wrote:
> arguments of the form "LRSA is bad because of its inseverability" boil down
> to "i as a legacy holder do not want my use of this resource to be governed
> unless i happen to like the direction that governance is taking me"

Paul,

Governance? Is that what the LRSA is about?

I thought LRSA was about normalizing the relationship between ARIN and
the resource holders who predate it, authenticating the resources (to
fight hijacking) and getting those holders to pay a fair share of the
whois/rdns operations cost.

Perhaps asking for the LRSA to also be about governance pushes the
legacy registrants further than they're currently willing to go.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

--
William D. Herrin ................ herrin at dirtside.com bill at herrin.us