[arin-ppml] Policy Proposal: Whois Integrity Policy Proposal

Leo Bicknell bicknell at ufp.org
Thu Aug 21 10:56:58 EDT 2008

In a message written on Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 10:47:15AM -0400, Keith W. Hare wrote:
> My biggest objection to the proposal is that it sounds like a stick to
> beat up the evil legacy resource holder because they haven't been paying
> their fair share. Until less than a year ago, ARIN did not have a
> process or documentation in place to allow a legacy resource holder to
> bring the resource under some kind of agreement.

This is not an entirely true statement.  I'll be the first to admit
ARIN had insufficient publically available information on what
legacy holders could do on their web site.  That said, I believe
more than a few legacy holders when they came in to ask for additional
resources had their legacy resources listed as well, all covered
by a single RSA.

I have no idea the percentage who chose to do so, if ARIN pushed
it at all, etc.