[arin-ppml] LRSA concerns (Re: Policy Proposal: Whois Integrity Policy Proposal)

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Wed Aug 20 20:21:23 EDT 2008

Some of this attorney's comments may be fair criticism. IANAL,
so, I'm not sure about the issues in question.

I do note, however, that some comments show some
misunderstanding of the ARIN process and who/what ARIN is...

To wit:

> Section 7 Current and Future Policies
>
> 	This is another of the incredibly one-sided sections.  ARIN has
> "the sole and absolute discretion (to) amend the Poilicies," which
> amendments become binding on us immediately upon publication on the
> website.  At the least, they could send us an e-mail of changes in
> policies.  I get notifications regularly from 401(k) and SEP account
> companies. Why can't they do the same?

If anyone affected by this chooses to subscribe to PPML, arin-discuss,
or the ARIN notification email list, they will receive such
notification.
However, ARIN doesn't require the signatories to subscribe to such
notifications if they do not want to. It is impossible for an ARIN
policy
to change without notice if the entity in question chooses to avail
themselves of the information.

Owen