[arin-ppml] Policy Proposal: Whois Integrity Policy Proposal

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Tue Aug 19 19:16:05 EDT 2008

you seem to get the message and are articulating it well.  though it is
not a pretty one.

when my son was five or so, he moved some cows from one pasture to
another.  he came back and reported "you know, it is easier to move them
from in front with a can of grain than from behind with a stick."

i know many folk far older who have not learned that lesson.  arin would
seem not to have.  power, force, coercion, extortion, ...  not very good
motivators.

gedanken experiment: if we wanted to have a carrot-rich stick-free
relationship with legacy holders and whois registrants, what might we do
(other than shoot testosteronic lawyers:)?

randy