[ppml] *Spam?* Re: IPv6 flawed?

Kevin Kargel kkargel at polartel.com
Mon Sep 17 16:22:59 EDT 2007

I also agree with and support your first paragraph.  In a neutral
decision I will try to side with the more liberal postion.  I don't know
if I will go so far as to say what we were discussing was a neutral
decision.

I do believe the assumption that NAT would not be necessary was part and
parcel with the core of current IPv6 design.  I will go on to say that
any enterprise or carrier class router or firewall I know of has the
capability to do header rewriting, so whether or not there is a protocol
for NAT any technically competent admin who really wants to do it will
be able to, whether under IPv4 or IPv6.

If they broke the ability to rewrite headers there would be a lot of
functionality besides NAT we would lose.

Kevin

:$s/worry/happy/g