[ppml] IPv6 flawed?

michael.dillon at bt.com michael.dillon at bt.com
Mon Sep 17 12:35:07 EDT 2007

> i disagree on both counts.  your example was good, since it
> showed what can be done if the original network was
> provisioned "lightly".  and as for keeping your mouth shut,
> i'm glad you didn't, since it means folks got to hear
> somebody say "ipv6 enables different provisioning
> philosophies than ipv4, and renumbering can be made less
> painful in v6 than in v4."

I agree. We need more examples of IPv6 best practices to show that IPv6
really is different and you have fundamentally reexamine all your
practices when you deploy IPv6.

I copied your words and put it here on ARIN's IPv6 Wiki
http://www.getipv6.info/index.php/Renumbering_an_IPv6_Network

Now if only the ARIN staff would get off their butts and maintain the
home page, it might encourage more people to get involved in adding
content to the Wiki.

Mailing lists are fine, but the good content tends to get lost in a sea
of trivia.

--Michael Dillon