[ppml] Policy Proposal -- Eliminate Lame Server policy

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at ipinc.net
Wed Sep 12 14:52:16 EDT 2007

This is a rather silly statement.  The entire DNS system depends on
everyone doing things "one right way".  The TCP/IP protocol itself
won't work if everyone did their own version.  I could point to numerous
examples of everyone on the Internet having to do things "one right way"

If you want to argue that in-addr.arpa handing is not a requirement for
DNS and thus is optional, fine.  But arguing to allow everyone to do
their own thing merely for the sake of being able to do their own thing is
preposterous on a shared network.

One of ARINs jobs is policing.  You may not like the police but they serve
a required function in a community.

Ted