[ppml] SPAM-WARN:Re: ARIN IP conservation and FREE IP Addresses

Michael Thomas - Mathbox mike at mathbox.com
Sat Oct 6 13:37:32 EDT 2007

Owen,

True. But there is also a tier above them. So, until the subscriber reaches
the /13 level, there is always increased costs. Once you reach the /13
level, there is no additional cost.

> This is standard tiered pricing and it's a way to simplify the
> pricing structure so that
> the cost of computing a bill does not increase the amount of money
> that needs
> to be collected.

I am certainly not suggesting that ARIN should not have tiered pricing. It
does simplify billing. However, there is a large difference between:

1 IP $.10
10 IP $1.00
100 IP $10.00

And

1 IP $1.00
10 IP $4.00
100 IP $10.00

> Owen

You confuse tiered pricing with tiered discounts.

Michael Thomas
Mathbox
978-683-6718
1-877-MATHBOX (Toll Free)