[ppml] ARIN IP conservation and FREE IP Addresses

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Sat Oct 6 12:11:32 EDT 2007

> That having been said, this discussion is moot. The xlarge entities
> have the votes to keep the favorable fee structure.

This is patently false for at least the following reasons:

1.	Fee structure is determined by the BoT with input from the ARIN
	membership.

2.	x-large entities are NOT the majority of ARIN members and do
	not get any more votes than x-small entities per Org.

If a sufficiently large portion of the membership supported a change
to the fee structure, I am quite sure it could be accomplished.  I am
not
sure that you could gain the support of enough of the x-small, small,
medium
and large organizations as well as the non-subscriber members to
get such a  fee structure through, but, it is quite possible to make
such
changes with zero support from the x-large entities if you can convince
the rest of the membership that it is a good idea.

Owen