[ppml] ARIN IP conservation and FREE IP Addresses

John Curran jcurran at istaff.org
Sat Oct 6 10:31:11 EDT 2007

At 10:11 AM -0400 10/6/07, William Herrin wrote:
>That having been said, this discussion is moot. The xlarge entities
>have the votes to keep the favorable fee structure.

I have no particular viewpoint on the matter of whether our
fee schedule needs to be changed, but want to be clear on
the ability to change the fees.  The ARIN Board sets the fee
schedule, and it's been generally based on the feedback we
receive at the member meetings.  There is no formal member
votes on these matters, although we have on occasion asked
for a show of hands as a gauge of opinion in the room.

ARIN Board votes on financial matters are done by 2/3
majority, and to my knowledge there's been no particular
representation of any category of members, i.e.  the
trustees are to consider the needs of all of members
and the community at large in weighing their decision.

The current list of trustee members of the ARIN Board is
here: <http://www.arin.net/about_us/bot.html>

/John

John Curran
Chair, ARIN Board of Trustees