[ppml] Effects of explosive routing table growth on ISP behavior

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Thu Nov 1 21:19:23 EDT 2007

On Wed, 31 Oct 2007, Scott Leibrand wrote:

>> Question: Does it say you cannot advertise smaller portions as well as
>> the larger block?
>>

> There's some debate on that, but as I read it, no.  My understanding is
> that you're free to advertise subnets longer than /32 out of PA space,
> but other networks are free to filter them.

[from the v6 ISP template]
14. Will you announce only the single, aggregated IPv6 prefix you
     are allocated by ARIN? Indicate YES or NO.
14. Specify YES or NO. If you receive an allocation from ARIN
     and you will only announce the least specific, aggregated
     prefix to your BGP neighbors, indicate YES. If you plan to
     announce more specifics of your allocation to your BGP
     neighbors, indicate NO.

I said yes when applying for our /32.  The instructions imply that no is a
valid answer.