[ppml] [address-policy-wg] Those pesky ULAs again

Azinger, Marla marla.azinger at frontiercorp.com
Thu May 31 21:01:35 EDT 2007

Leo and Jeroen-

I am a little surprised at Leo's comment.  Mainly because last July I started attending IETF conferences on behalf of the ARIN AC (and he is on the AC).  Granted AC is different from the BOT but the BOT knows and supports the new attempt to participate with IETF by sending an AC member to the IETF meetigs.  The intent of my attendance is to help create a working relationship between IETF and the ARIN RIR thus enabling both address policy and routing RFC's to work in unison and not in opposition.  Granted, I am heavily focused on the IPv6 arena and that is what my last briefing at the ARIN conference covered.  I suppose I should take blame for having a boring presentation thus people missed the point about how I am attending IETF's and actively participating and working on those very things that people feel were "dropped".

As we all know there has been a very fuzzy line and cross over between routing and address policy.  There probably always will be, and the thing to do here as Jeroen pointed out is to work with it.  So that is why you will find me at future IETF's as an ARIN AC Member.

Cheers!
Marla Azinger
Frontier Communications
ARIN AC Chair