[ppml] Revised Policy Proposal Resource Reclamation

Jason Schiller schiller at uu.net
Thu May 31 20:17:06 EDT 2007

Kevin, how about a possible middle ground:

             2.  ARIN may conduct such reviews:
                     a. when any new resource is requested,
                     b. whenever ARIN has cause to believe that the
                        resources had originally been obtained
                        fraudulently,
                     c. whenever ARIN has cause to believe that the
                        justification previously used is no longer
                        valid, or
                     d. if an orgization has not requested new resources
                        within one year of their last reques, ARIN may
                        audit only the most recent allocation or
                        assignment.

Point c addresses Kevin's concern about the justification changing.

Point d returns some of the origional flexibility of the policy to allow
ARIN to conduct an audit.  This can help limit abuse by allowing followup
for orgizations that will not likely need additional resources.  It also
minamizes the amount of pain placed on large orgizations by limiting the
audit to only the most recently allocated or assigned block.

__Jason

Jason Schiller                                               (703)886.6648
Senior Internet Network Engineer                         fax:(703)886.0512
Public IP Global Network Engineering                       schiller at uu.net
UUNET / Verizon                         jason.schiller at verizonbusiness.com

The good news about having an email address that is twice as long is that
it increases traffic on the Internet.