[ppml] Policy Proposal 2007-6 - Abandoned

Kevin Kargel kkargel at polartel.com
Wed May 23 11:58:23 EDT 2007

 A boatload of mom and pop shops are no easier..

I have quite a few small businesses with zero IT staff, and users who
don't know what an IP address is.  They have VPN's that franchise or
vendor headquarters say they have to have to do business.  It can be
painful just explaining to them why they need to change their working
VPN.  They respond with "It works, leave it alone".

When we do convince them things need adjusting now we need to pull their
corporate offices in to the mix.  Again comes a long conversation
explaining why the change to something that is working is needed.

It ends up being a lot of telephone time, and in the case of the less
sophisticated customers a truck roll.

So even non-fortune companies can have if not inertia, then hysteresis..

These are customers that give us money.  I cannot just say "Things
changed and you're broken till you adjust."

Kevin

:$s/worry/happy/g