[ppml] Policy Proposal 2007-6 - Abandoned

David Williamson dlw+arin at tellme.com
Wed May 23 11:42:11 EDT 2007

On Wed, May 23, 2007 at 11:03:28AM -0400, Steven E. Petty wrote:
>   me:   30-40 vpn's to migrate, mostly with large companies that move slowly (Ford, Chrysler, Covisint, etc.) and have very limited flexibility.

I'll second that thought.  There's nothing notably dificult about
renumbering, but anywhere you have a direct interaction with another
organization (and vpns are notorious for this), you're likely to have a
longer time line for making the change.  When we need to make major vpn
changes across our customer base, we assume it will take at least 6-8
months to complete, just to walk all of them through their own internal
change processes.

Never underestimate the sheer inertia of a Fortune 100 company.

-David