[ppml] clarification of IPv4 and IPv6 fees

Howard, W. Lee Lee.Howard at stanleyassociates.com
Wed May 23 10:30:46 EDT 2007

I said at the April 2007 Members Meeting that I owed the
community a clarification of what IPv6 fees would look like
when the current waivers expire.  I have checked with the
Finance Committee, but not the full Board.  It is our common
understanding that beginning January 1, 2008, when temporary
waivers for IPv6 have expired, that subscriber members will
pay the greater of their IPv4 or IPv6 fees, not both.

That is to say that ISPs will pay for either their IPv4
renewal or their IPv6 renewal, whichever dollar amount is
higher.

End user organizations who pay a $100 consolidated annual
maintenance fee will pay the same annual maintenance.

We have also received a number of excellent suggestions for
other ways to structure fees.  We are collecting data to
see how each model would affect ARIN's long term ability to
continue providing services, and will be discussing them in
the coming months.

I hope that is clearer, and I will be working with the ARIN
staff on language for the web site that reflects the intent.

Your Treasurer,

Lee Howard