[ppml] Policy Proposal 2007-6 - Abandoned

Jo Rhett jrhett at svcolo.com
Tue May 22 19:24:49 EDT 2007

On May 22, 2007, at 3:40 PM, Jeroen Massar wrote:
> With absolutely no pun intended, I suggest that ARIN provides you
> with a
> new block and takes your existing blocks that you are currently using.

Already did, that's how I can speak from experience.

Time-consuming, yes.  Detail-oriented, absolutely.  Painful?  No.

IETF process is painful.  Trying to keep up with this list is
painful.  Renumbering is much easier.

> What you say? You don't want to renumber? Why that? It was sooo easy.
> Oh so you actually don't have an automated mechanism to update the
> glue
> for all the 10k domains you have, which are not actually fully
> maintained by you, and thus you have to contact folks to get that
> fixed.
> Oh, so you don't have an automated script which reconfigures
> automatically all the firewalls at all the various companies you work
> with. Thought so...

Been through all of that.  I can provide exhaustive detail of what I
learned from my early mistakes, and what mistakes I've seen others
make, and just how trivial they are to avoid these days.  Don't be
sarcastic to someone when you don't know their background.  I won't
bother responding to insults, it has never done anything useful in
the past and I don't expect it to now.

--
Jo Rhett
senior geek