[ppml] Policy Proposal: IPv4 Soft Landing

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Fri May 18 12:07:44 EDT 2007

> I think having a policy that says that after certain time (in fact
> I'd prefer it to be specified as a year rather then IPv4 depletion
> thereshold), ISPs MUST demonstrate availability of IPv6 infrastructure
> before getting new ipv4 space is in fact good for IPv6 deployment
> and its production use which is ultimate goal here.

that is the ultimate goal?

if ipv6 is the members' futures (and that is yet to be clear) then if they
choose to be foolish enough not to prepare, why is it incumbent on arin to
*force* them to what we thing is a good business model?  our charter is
stewardship and education, not forcing members' business plans.

randy