[ppml] Policy Proposal: IPv4 Soft Landing

william(at)elan.net william at elan.net
Fri May 18 12:39:29 EDT 2007

I think having a policy that says that after certain time (in fact
I'd prefer it to be specified as a year rather then IPv4 depletion
thereshold), ISPs MUST demonstrate availability of IPv6 infrastructure
before getting new ipv4 space is in fact good for IPv6 deployment
and its production use which is ultimate goal here.

I'd be interested in seeting "deploy IPv6" policy proposal that
goes along those lines (even thinking about writing one based
on some lines in David Conrad's proposal, but first want to see
where that goes).