[ppml] getting converts to V6

John Paul Morrison jmorrison at bogomips.com
Wed May 16 15:13:44 EDT 2007

Privilege?  That sounds very elitist. I would consider it a right to be
ISP independent. I can take my phone numbers with me - home, business
and even cell phone numbers now.  So my ISP is allowed to hold "my" IP
addresses and therefore my businesses hostage (for the greater good of
the Internet), actually making the phone system more open and
competitive? Scary thought.

I can't argue with the technical reasons for PA addresses, but setting
the bar too high for PI addresses is very anti-competitive - not that
the big ISPs are complaining.