[ppml] Policy Proposal 2007-6 - Abandoned

David Williamson dlw+arin at tellme.com
Fri May 4 12:48:26 EDT 2007

On Thu, May 03, 2007 at 05:48:09PM -0400, Jason Schiller wrote:
> Yes what we are talking about here is the amount of RIB and FIB memory
> consumed.  In short there are a limited number of routing slots, and IPv6
> prefixes take up more memory than IPv4 prefixes.  Routing table bloat is a
> big concern.  It is a concern in IPv4, it is a concern in IPv6, and it is
> a concern in a dual stack environment.

Quick question - if we could somehow fix the routing problem, would you
be in favor of the now abandoned proposal?  I agree that the routing
problem is serious and a major concern for any proposal that allows,
frankly, any space to be allocated.

I think the concerns you've raised besides the routing table issues
have been addressed by Owen, so I won't echo those thoughts.

-David