[ppml] Proposed Policy: IPv4 Countdown

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at ipinc.net
Thu Mar 15 18:52:27 EDT 2007

THAT is rediculous.  Since the total # of IPv4 addresses is very much
smaller
than IPv6 it is simple to build a translator that IPv6 clients and
networks can use to initiate connections to an IPv4 internet.  I'm sure
Linksys
would have something like that available for $49.95 if there ever was a
need.
It will be very cheap for IPv6 sites to speak IPv4 to the world.

The problem is going to be corporate and organizational networks that remain
IPv4
if the world switches to IPv6.

Internet sites that remain IPv4 will not have a problem being connected to
by
either new IPv6 networks or legacy IPv4 networks so just about all sever
sites will
want to be dual-numbered if it comes to that.

The sites that use "customer choice" to remain IPv4 will be the ones with
the
expense to connect to the rest of the world.

Ted