[ppml] Initiation of Petition was Re: Proposed Policy: IPv4 Countdown - not accepted by AC as formal policy proposal

Edward Lewis Ed.Lewis at neustar.biz
Wed Mar 14 08:32:59 EDT 2007

Okay, so this is what my "petition/protest" mail was all about:

 From before (to make sure it counts under the rules):

I would like to voice a qualified "I object" to this rejection.

I would like to see some discussion on this, even though I comprehend
the reasons given below for the rejection and acknowledge that they
are valid.  My motivation for speaking up is to see if there might be
a way that the spirit of the proposal can be pushed forward in ARIN
even if the particular proposal has mechanics that are problematic.

At this point, I don't have a specific recommendation, just wanted to
say that there might be a reason to reconsider this, perhaps in
another form.