[ppml] Initiation of Petition was Re: Proposed Policy: IPv4 Countdown - not accepted by AC as formal policy proposal

Toshiyuki Hosaka hosaka at nic.ad.jp
Wed Mar 14 03:57:11 EDT 2007

Dear All,

This is a formal petition request to advance the policy proposal entitled "IPv4
Countdown Policy Proposal". The full text of the proposal is posted on the ARIN
website at the following URL:

  http://lists.arin.net/pipermail/ppml/2007-February/006000.html

This policy proposal was to respond in an orderly way to the upcoming exhaustion
of the IPv4 address space. The AC rejected this proposal due to anti-trust
issues however I strongly believe that we should discuss this kind of policy in
the ARIN open policy forum, rather than simple rejection, since IPv4 address
exhaustion is so important issue to the whole community.

According to the Internet Policy Evaluation Process, people who wish to document
their support for the petition must do the following within the next five (5) days:

  1) post a response to the Public Policy Mailing List stating their
     support for the proposal,

   and,

  2) send email to petition at arin.net with full point of contact
     information, including their telephone number and organizational
     affiliation.

If you have any questions about this process you can refer to the ARIN website
at http://www.arin.net/policy/ipep.html for the full text explaining the
petition process.

Thanks and best regards,
Toshi