[ppml] Proposed Policy: eGLOP Multicast ...

michael.dillon at bt.com michael.dillon at bt.com
Tue Mar 6 04:59:00 EST 2007

> The idea is that getting these static multicast addresses costs money
> in one way or the other to reduce unnecessary requests.  I suspect
> IANA won't want to get involved with that.

IANA has no choice but to get involved. The RIRs cannot allocate any
resources unless IANA first allocates a resource pool to the RIRs. And
in the ARIN region, we do not set fee levels to reduce unneccessary
requests. Fee levels are set to recover costs and resources are
allocated based on justified need.

--Michael Dillon