[ppml] Proposed Policy: eGLOP Multicast Address Assignments - not accepted by AC as formal policy proposal

Marshall Eubanks tme at multicasttech.com
Fri Mar 2 14:06:43 EST 2007

Dear Andrew;

On Mar 2, 2007, at 1:29 PM, Andrew Dul wrote:

> [...]

I will be working with Filliz Yilmaz of RIPE to help get this into
appropriate shape for them. I would be glad to hear suggestions on or
off list as to how to do that.

> The other issue that don't know if it has been considered with is
> the issue of ensuring uniqueness between RIRs .  Do we expect IANA
> to chop up the eGLOP space and give a chunk to each RIR?

That is a good question - as written, it does. However, it would also
be suitable to have only one RIR take this on, or even to set up a
new entity just for this purpose.

> Andrew

Regards
Marshall