[ppml] Proposed Policy: eGLOP Multicast Address Assignments - not accepted by AC as formal policy proposal

Andrew Dul andrew.dul at quark.net
Fri Mar 2 13:29:40 EST 2007

I would also tend to agree.

To me, RFC 3180 specifically asks the RIRs to administer this space.

However, I also realize administration of multicast space is something new for the RIRs and we need to consider this before jumping in.  This policy proposal, as written, is probably not complete enough as written and needs further work (specific allocation criteria, etc).  The other issue that don't know if it has been considered with is the issue of ensuring uniqueness between RIRs .  Do we expect IANA to chop up the eGLOP space and give a chunk to each RIR?

Andrew